3800 S King Dr Chicago, Illinois, 60653
Pioneer Gardens is a community of Choice for our Mother and Fathers, grandmother’s grandfathers, and all who seek a fun-filled, secure, service-oriented, health-conscious senior supportive living. Our goal is to provide a better quality of life for our seniors with dignity & independence.
Pioneer Gardens (opened April 2006) represents the culmination of a three and half year quest on the part of the South Park Baptist Church at 3722 South King Drive, Chicago, to fill a critical, affordable housing gap in Senior Housing that has developed in our community. In observing the elderly age in place in Pioneer Village, our independent living facility, there was a need for an affordable housing alternative that would provide vital supportive services to allow seniors to retain independence in their living and not be faced with moving to a nursing home.
Consistent with the Church's Outreach Ministry and now a central part of that ministry, Pioneer Gardens meets and exceeds this identified need. We therefore, welcome all to come, experience and take advantage of this exciting housing alternative, which is indeed the Miracle on 38th Street.
Pioneer Gardens Affordable Supportive Living is what we call A Miracle on 38th Street located in the heart of the Bronzeville Community at 3800 South Martin Luther King Drive, Chicago. This 8-story building offers a community setting for mature adults age 65 and older needing some assistance with daily living activities.
Pioneer Gardens Supportive Living meets the need for affordable housing and support services for seniors. Supportive Living allows residents a chance to live independently and self-sufficient for as long as possible. Each resident may vary in his or her needs for supportive services. One may require help with meals, housekeeping for doing laundry. Others may need reminders to take their medication or benefit from help with activities of daily living like bathing, dressing and grooming. All residents must be able to participate in their care and may not have health needs that require 24-hour skilled nursing care. Pioneer Gardens offers each person a private apartment rather than a shared private or semi-private room found in nursing homes. Supportive Living is the alternative for the nursing home setting.
We offer spacious studio and one-bedroom apartments that you furnish and decorate according to your personal taste. In addition, one will receive three meals a day plus snacks, weekly housekeeping and laundry, social, and educational activities at Pioneer Gardens Supportive Living Facility. Residents also enjoy the convenience of various on-site amenities such as beauty/barber salon, community store and physical therapy center.
Residents at Pioneer Gardens benefit emotionally from living in a community among peers where daily opportunities for socialization exist. We are proud to offer residents and their loved ones, the reassurance of knowing that the staff of Pioneer Gardens cares and loves them and are true professionals.
Facts and Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Supportive Living?
• A sensible solution to the growing need for affordable housing with services
• Available to seniors aged 65 and older
• Combines apartment-style housing with personal care, support services and opportunities for socialization
• Administered through the Illinois Department of Healthcare family Services (IDHFS)
Supportive Living Offers
• Apartment homes
• An optional financial assistance program
• Rates that are typically lower than assisted living
• Three meals a day
• Social, educational and wellness activities
• Help with bathing, dressing and medications
• Scheduled transportation
• Access to various on-site amenities
Who Qualifies For Supportive Living?
Illinois Supportive Living program is open to any resident who:
• Undergoes pre-admission screening.
• Is without diagnosis of development disability or serious and persistent mental illness
• Has had a negative TB test
• Does not participate in another federal home or community-based waiver program
A Supportive Living Resident’s Profile
• Supportive living residents are typically 65 or older
• All must be able to participate in their own care
• Their health needs to not require 24-hour care
Their needs for support services vary:
• Some may require help with meals and housekeeping
• Others need medication assistance or help with daily activities
• Some benefit from the social and wellness aspects
• Or any combination thereof
Supportive Living Vs. Assisted Living
• They both offer similar services
• Assisted living tends to be more costly
• Assisted living does not accept payment from Medicaid
• Assisted living residents generally must leave if they cannot pay
• Supportive Living residents who qualify have access to Medicaid benefits
• Supportive Living residents who qualify can stay in Supportive Living without worry about payment
Supportive Living Vs. Nursing Home
• Supportive Living residents do not require 24-hour nursing care
• Supportive Living residences are apartments, not private or semi-private rooms
• Supportive Living typically provides a more residential and independent lifestyle than a nursing home
To Become A Resident Of Pioneer Gardens
• Discuss individual needs with the Sales & Marketing team of Pioneer Gardens
• Visit with the staff
• Tour the facility
• Review service
• Balconies in most apartments
• Stove, Refrigerator & Microwave in each unit
• Full bathroom with walk in Shower
• Individually controlled thermostat
• Emergency call-buttons in bathroom and common living area
• Free COMCAST Service ( Basic Cable TV)
• Reasonably-priced telephone service ( Free Installation)
• Two Staff Licensed Practical Nurses
• 24- Hour Certified Nursing Assistants
• Doctor’s exam room available for visits by doctors and other medical professionals
• Medications reminders
• Weekly housekeeping & laundry assistance
• Fine dining room which leads out to a patio surrounding the building
• Assistance with schedule transportation needs
• Three meals daily and snacks
• Barber & Beauty Shop
• Nail Technician
• 24 Hour Security
• Patio & Circular Exercise Path that wraps around the building
• Private Room to Schedule Private Parties
• Ongoing Fun Activities Inside and Outside the Facility
• Fun Activities Programs
• Religious Services
• Health & Fitness Seminars
• On site physical, speech and occupational therapists
• On site exercise professional Twice monthly
© 2020-23 My Living Choice | All Rights Reserved