2340 Airport Dr Columbus, Ohio, 43219
The Mission of Mohun Health Care Center in being faithful to the spirit of the Dominican Sisters of Peace, is dedicated to provide compassionate and holistic care in an atmosphere of prayerful support to all who reside here, and a fair and satisfying work environment for all who are employed here.
Mohun Health Care Center will maintain and improve the quality of service to our residents, navigating obstacles to ensure our viability and partnering with the Dominican Sisters of Peace Leadership to determine the best future course for our institution.
• We believe that each person has the right to live fully and to die with dignity in an atmosphere of prayerful support.
• We believe that a God-centered environment includes the values of hospitality, simplicity of lifestyle and shared community life.
• We believe in the right and responsibility of each resident to actively participate, according to capability, in decisions which affect his/her health and well being.
• Based on these beliefs, we commit ourselves to provide compassionate and holistic care to all who reside at Mohun Health Care Center.
Ever Creating God, stir up within us your dream that all may be one. Free us to be instruments of your peace. Enable us to be preachers of your Word, and enkindle in us a passion that will set the world on fire. Amen.
Mohun Health Care Center is a 72-bed facility fully licensed and certified for vowed and ordained religious and immediate family of the Dominican Sisters of Peace. One hundred twenty employees and Sisters participate in the quality of care of Mohun’s residents and are committed to our Philosophy of Care and Mission Statement.
Our facility is located on the east side of Columbus, adjacent to Dominican Sisters of Peace Columbus Motherhouse and Ohio Dominican University. It is also near Port Columbus Airport and right off of I-670.
Mohun Health Care Center provides short-term, long-term and skilled care in an environment attractive to men and women Religious. The state-of-the-art facility, remodeled in 1995, boasts four levels for residency and two lower-levels for services. Daily Mass is available in a comfortable wheelchair-accessible chapel. The large private rooms are furnished with a hospital bed, desk and chair, easy chair, night stand, dresser, and built-in closet, with an attached wheelchair-accessible bathroom. The bath area has a handicap tub/shower combination, with a new HVAC system circulating 100 percent outside air with good ventilation. The Physical Therapy unit has an exercise pool available. There is also a Special Care Unit for Alzheimer's patients.
Our on-site services include:
• Pastoral Care
• Full Rehabilitation Services to include Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, and Physical Therapy with an exercise pool and whirlpool available
• Licensed Dietitian
• Activities Department
• Licensed Beautician
• Columbus Public Library Mobile Unit
• In-house physician, dental, optometry and podiatry services
© 2020-23 My Living Choice | All Rights Reserved