3525 Scranton Rd Cleveland, Ohio, 44109
Elisabeth Severance Prentiss Center for Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
Our patients and residents come to us from MetroHealth, other hospitals and health care facilities and throughout Cleveland and Cuyahoga County.
Admissions are accepted 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Payment methods include Medicare, private pay, managed care, insurance and Medicaid. If you're wondering whether your insurance may cover your stay, our admissions office can help you figure it out.
Expert Full-Time Medical Care
The Prentiss Center also offers medical care 24 hours a day. No matter what type of skilled nursing you or your loved one needs, our caring staff is highly trained to care for even the most complex situations.
Our long-term nursing care program serves both young adults and elderly people who can no longer live on their own because of illness or disability. Often, they need help with basic daily living tasks, such as bathing, dressing and toileting. They may also need help getting in and out of bed or a chair, or moving from one room to another without falling.
Dementia care is one of our specialties. We have a safe, secure special-care unit. We take a person-centered approach to dementia care that considers a person's lifelong interests and preferences from their favorite clothes to their favorite foods. Our robust activity programs keep our residents connected and engaged both at the center and in their religious or other communities.
MetroHealth's Sub-Acute Unit
Some people receive short-term skilled nursing services in a special part of the hospital: our sub-acute nursing unit. The unit provides the highest level of care for a skilled nursing facility in Ohio.
These patients typically have very short-term medical needs for conditions ranging from burns to trauma. Like our patients at the Prentiss Center, they receive care from a highly trained team.
Our highly qualified physical, occupational and speech and recreational therapists are licensed, registered and/or certified. They have a high degree of expertise in their specialty areas.
For instance, physical therapy might strengthen your lower body. Occupational therapy might help you relearn everyday tasks from dressing to eating. A speech therapist might help with swallowing.
Respite Care Service
Our respite care service offers caregivers in the community a short, much-needed break. Many caregivers take the time off to relax, travel or do other things they enjoy or that need to get done.
During that time, your loved one will be well cared for in our comfortable center. Some insurance policies may help pay for this service. We can help you understand your options.
• Wound care for bed sores
• Long-term antibiotic therapy for our patients with severe infections
• Respiratory care for those with breathing problems
• Hospice care, through our collaboration with community organizations
• Medical geriatric services seven days a week
• Total parenteral nutrition
• Tube feeding
A Homelike Environment
Each of our spacious rooms has a flat-screen TV, telephone and other comforts. We offer many daily social and recreational activities. Some mornings, you might catch us by the fireplace enjoying the news, coffee and conversation. After that, many of our patients take part in gentle stretching exercises.
Community outings include fishing trips, shopping, dining out and going to movies. And for a little fun and recreation, we've been known to play our own version of TV's The Price is Right.
Here are just a few of the diverse activities and perks you'll find here:
• Arts, music, horticulture and recreational programs
• A beauty and barber shop
• A scenic courtyard with a fountain for outdoor relaxation
• A large multipurpose room for family visiting, holiday get-togethers and entertaining
• Patient library
• Patient and family support groups
• Religious services
• Snacks, fresh fruit and sandwiches available 24 hours a day
• Pet visitation program
Family members can visit anytime, seven days a week. Family can stay the night with you, if you'd like.
At MetroHealth, our mission, vision and values are not just words on a fading poster tucked behind someone’s desk. They are the core of our actions. While we take care of the ill and injured, we are increasingly focused on preventive care, fulfilling our mission of leading the way to a healthier you and a healthier community through service, teaching, discovery and teamwork. And we do this in an environment of inclusion. Every patient, whether economically needy or economically comfortable, gets the same attention full attention from our staff.
MetroHealth physicians, from many parts of the country and around the world, bring a diversity of cultures, races, religions, expertise and ideas. We celebrate these differences and appreciate how they add to our success. Many are leaders in their fields, and they choose to work here for the opportunity to make a difference in their community.
Our goal has always been to treat patients like family, with the respect and dignity they deserve. As one patient says, I don't feel like a number. I get outstanding individual care and attention by many compassionate professionals.
We care, we mean it and it shows. It’s a 24/7/365 thing for us.
We are honoring our commitment to create a healthier community by building a new hospital on our main campus in Cleveland, using nearly $1 billion borrowed on our own credit.
• In the past five years, MetroHealth's operating revenue has increased 43% and our number of employees has increased 18%.
• Today, our staff of 7,800 provides care at four hospitals, four emergency departments and more than 20 health centers and 40 additional sites throughout Northeast Ohio.
• In 2019, at our hospitals and health centers, we provided more than 1.45 million visits for 298,000 patients, 64% of whom were uninsured or covered by Medicare or Medicaid.
• We are home to Cuyahoga County’s most experienced Level I Adult Trauma Center, verified since 1992, and Ohio’s only adult and pediatric trauma and burn center.
• As an academic medical center, MetroHealth is committed to teaching and research. Each active staff physician holds a faculty appointment at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and its main campus hospital house
In this section
• Accreditations and Partnerships
• Akram Boutros
• Board and Governance
• Ethics and Compliance
• Hall of Honor
• Population Health Innovation Institute
• Public Records
• Quality Measures
• Stakeholders Meeting
• Statistical Highlights
© 2020-23 My Living Choice | All Rights Reserved