995 S Hilton St Boise, Idaho, 83705
At Kindred Healthcare, our hospitals and rehabilitation service locations are like incubators for hope and healing. We take a team approach to our patients -- working together to meet their needs through clinical care and rehabilitation therapy as we help them along their journey to recovery.
There are many health conditions that require care in settings outside of the traditional hospital. These range from very serious situations, such as stroke recovery or rehabilitation after a surgery like a hip replacement, to important, but less critical issues such as medication management. Most of these situations require medical expertise, but not traditional hospital level of care where the main priority is to stabilize your condition.
When you are able to leave the traditional hospital, you may need continued medical care or an extended recovery period. This is when you would transition to another care setting with varying medical intensity based on your needs.
Types of settings include:
• Transitional Care Hospitals
• Home Care
• Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
• Subacute Units
• Contract Rehabilitation Services
• Behavioral Health
About Transitional Care Hospitals
Dedicated to Hope, Healing and Recovery
After a stay at a traditional hospital, you may need additional medical care with an extended recovery time. That’s where we come in.
Our transitional care hospitals offer the same in-depth care you would receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. We partner with your physician and offer 24-hour clinical care seven days a week so you can start your journey to wellness.
Research shows that our transitional care hospitals, which are certified by Medicare as long-term acute care hospitals, provide clear clinical benefits in supporting recovery and wellness. Additionally, our clinical experts are specifically trained to treat a wide range of intensive and medically complex needs.
• Studies have found that following an intensive care stay - when you receive care in a transitional care hospital like one of ours for ventilator care or tracheostomy - you experience outcomes and quality that are as good or better than people with similar conditions who receive care in other care settings.
• We continually outperform national benchmarks in key quality measures like preventing infection.
• We helped pioneer this long-term acute model of care nearly 30 years ago. Today, we offer a nationwide network of hospitals unique in our expertise in caring for your complex medical conditions.
If you or a loved one is recovering from an accident or medical emergency, or is living with a chronic disease or illness, care in one of our hospitals might be right for you.
© 2020-23 My Living Choice | All Rights Reserved