5800 Forest Hills Blvd Columbus, Ohio, 43231
Deeply rooted in friendship, purpose, and peace of mind.
An Option for Every Stage of Life Under One Roof
Are you ready to live the Village life?
Rooted in the northeast side since 1978, Friendship Village Columbus is nestled in a residential neighborhood bordered by Westerville, New Albany, and Worthington. Few senior living communities in central Ohio can match the FVC hallmarks of security, stability, and superior retirement living.
Friendship Village Columbus incorporates a wellness model that encompasses spiritual, physical, and emotional health at every age. FVC offers a variety of residential options and health services all under one roof.
Enjoy Independent Living Among Friends at Friendship Village Columbus
Your life, your way
Independent living at Friendship Village Columbus means you have the freedom to do what you want every day. Our residents enjoy life to the fullest without the responsibilities of home ownership and maintenance. Trade house work and yard upkeep for leisure activities and more quality time spent with family and friends.
It's time to live the retirement you always imagined
We offer spacious studio, one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartments in the main building on our beautiful, 23-acre campus. Garden apartments are just a short walk from our main building. They provide the ideal blend of privacy and freedom while still allowing residents to enjoy our full range of amenities.
Independent living residents enjoy the following for an inclusive monthly rate:
• Full-service dining room and private dining room available, with a chef and dining services director offering delicious daily menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
• Fitness center with a complete schedule of exercise classes and a full-time fitness coordinator
• Extensive outdoor space with beautiful courtyards and scenic nature trails through Friendship Woods, a designated natural refuge
• Social activities and outings including transportation
• Onsite amenities including a coffee/soda shop, computer center, arts and crafts studio, woodworking shop, billiard room, library, bank, and chapel
• All utilities including cable TV, internet, and Wi-Fi
• Housekeeping on a semi-monthly basis*
Our residents can choose to decorate their apartments in their own personal style. It will feel like home in no time. In addition to all the amenities we provide, our independent living apartments include:
• Weekly flat laundry service**
• Individual heating and air conditioning controls
• Trash removal
• Secured storage area
• Access to the Village Store and beauty salon/barber shop
• Chaplain services
• Wellness clinic & 24 hour nurse coverage
* Monthly housekeeping for rental contracts
Retain Independence With Assisted Living at Friendship Village Columbus
Ridgewood Assisted Living at Friendship Village Columbus offers the perfect balance of independence and assistance. Picture yourself or your loved one reading a book in the afternoon sunlight in our private courtyard or enjoying a hand of cards with friends next to our cozy fireplace.
Assisted living residents enjoy the following:
• New dining room with a delicious, diverse daily menu and full-service breakfast, lunch, and dinner served seven days a week
• Outdoor spaces including beautiful courtyards and accessible walking paths through Friendship Woods, a designated natural refuge
• Mini-fridges and microwaves in suites for residents to enjoy morning coffee, light meals, and snacks
• Spacious hallways with handrails for easy, accessible movement
• Onsite amenities including a coffee/soda shop, computer center, arts and crafts studio, woodworking shop, billiard room, library, bank and chapel
• Sizeable bedrooms along with ample closet space, and lighting and flooring chosen with older adults in mind
• Private bathrooms are equipped with safety features including grab bars and pull cords to alert caregivers when assistance is needed
• Walk-in showers with adjustable spray nozzles include a bench seat and non-slip flooring
• Door levers are accessible from standing or seated positions
For those residents who are in need of more support on a daily basis, Ridgewood Assisted Living provides help with routine activities including:
• Bathing and showering
• Cognitive and social orientation
• Bladder and bowel control
• Cognitive and social orientation
• Hygiene and grooming
• Medication administration
• Mobility assistance
In addition to daily living assistance, short-term respite stays and outpatient therapy programs are also available at Friendship Village Columbus.
Ridgewood Terrace Memory Support Provides the Right Balance of Dignity, Safety, and Peace of Mind
A secure place for residents experiencing memory loss
Ridgewood Terrace offers a homelike setting staffed by healthcare professionals who understand the unique needs of memory care residents. The neighborhood includes 14 spacious suites designed with privacy and well-being in mind. Comfortable gathering areas promote interaction among residents, families, and staff, while structured daily activities stimulate mindfulness.
An enclosed courtyard allows residents to safely enjoy beautiful days and changes of scenery. It’s all about creating an environment that helps every resident reach their fullest potential every day.
Technology offers promising new ways to assist caregivers and improve the quality of life for older adults living with Alzheimer's disease or dementia.
Ridgewood Terrace offers many amenities with an inclusive monthly fee that covers:
• 24-hour nursing care
• Care planning and supervision by a registered nurse
• Assistance with medication and activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, and personal hygiene
• Three daily meals
• Structured activities and social support
• Housekeeping and laundry service
• Cable TV
• Exercise classes
• Chaplain services and spiritual support for residents and families
• Short-term respite stays and outpatient therapy also are available
An inclusive monthly fee at our Health Care Center covers many amenities
• 24/7 nursing care
• Weekend therapy
• Multiple attending physicians and nurse practitioners
• Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy (VitalStim) available seven days a week *
• Private and semi-private rooms
• Cable TV
• Local telephone service in all rooms
• Three delicious meals per day, plus snacks
• Complementary coffee/soda shoppe
• Beauty salon *
• Registered nurses on staff
• Social services
• Physician on call at all times
• Activity programming promotes return to independence and provides needed social opportunities
• Access to dental care, optometrist, podiatrist
• 24-hour admissions
© 2020-24 My Living Choice | All Rights Reserved