Located in Chicago, Illinois, and Gary, Hobart, and Mishawaka, Indiana, The Linden Houses provide affordable residential apartments for seniors.
Designed to meet the physical, social, and psychological needs of the residents, Linden House creates a caring community as it promotes health, security, quality of life, and the opportunity for interaction and involvement of residents.
Each Linden House has either 50 or 100 subsidized one-bedroom apartments available for those who qualify under the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) guidelines. The rental amount for a unit is determined by a resident’s ability to pay.
Our Core Values
The Linden House of (Chicago, Gary, Hobart or Mishawaka), sponsored by the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ and administered by Ancilla Systems Incorporated, is affordable housing for seniors and individuals with special needs.
The Linden House is dedicated to enriching the quality of life for its residents by respecting the dignity of each person and by providing a sense of community through proper management.
Saint Katharina Kasper, the foundress of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ took care of the elderly in the little village of Dernbach, Germany. Our present day Linden Houses continue in her tradition and meet the needs of more than 250 residents who call Linden House home.
Touching comments from our residents
• The Linden House is a place of great joy and I am very comfortable and happy living here it is my home away from home!
• I am safe and comfortable living at the Linden House. My daughter lives nearby so she can visit frequently. I feel having the support of the Social Service Coordinator allows me to receive assistance navigating complicated health care matters and other difficult issues.
• I love the community spirit of the residents, my Linden House family. I can participate, along with other residents and local providers, in the various social and educational activities that are arranged by the staff.
• The Computer training sessions have given me a new sense of staying connected to my grandchildren and friends via e-mail.
• I enjoy the quality of life at the Linden House and the sense of community it offers.
The Linden House of Chicago
• Intercom security system
• Community room for activities and social functions
• Beauty salon
• Equipped exercise area
• Pool table and entertainment room
• Computer center with internet access
• Choir class
• English classes available
• 24-Hour answering service
• On-site laundry
• Free nurse visit twice a month in our community room
• Resident council and social committee
• Bus service for outings and shopping
• On-site service coordinator
• Accept physically challenged applicants who are under 62
The Linden House of Chicago
2315 West LeMoyne
Chicago, IL 60622
Phone: (773) 276-6031
Fax: (773) 276-7417