5500 West 123rd Street Overland Park, Kansas, 66209
Welcome to brilliant senior living. You’ve built a good life. Now it’s time to make it even better. Village Shalom can help you do that.
Our senior living community in Overland Park, KS, is designed for the retirement lifestyle you deserve. Free from worry and full of possibility. Located on The Helzberg Campus for Jewish Living, Village Shalom is rich with opportunities for you to keep learning, growing and building new relationships. And a smart value for any long-term health needs you may have.
You’ll be met with first-class hospitality and top-notch amenities — and you’ll be welcomed into a vibrant community of people from all faiths and backgrounds. This is senior living the way it should be — and it’s why we say Village Shalom is where life shines.
Say yes to the freedom of truly independent senior living. We take care of the chores and the little things so you can stay active doing what you love alongside other vibrant, interesting people.
Assisted living at Village Shalom means being part of an active community of welcoming people. You get the help you need with activities of daily living so you can dive into everything our Overland Park campus has to offer. (And that’s a lot.)
We offer four all-inclusive levels of care in assisted living. These can include medication management, bathing, dressing, and incontinence assistance. Your private apartment is maintenance-free, and we provide a host of convenient services that make life easy and more enjoyable. We’re a pet-friendly senior living community, too.
Care, convenience and community — they all work together to make it easier to love life even more.
The best long- or short-term skilled nursing offers expert care in an environment that promotes dignity and well-being. That’s what you’ll find at the Weinberg Health Center.
Designed with dignity in mind, we offer comfortable private suites for long-term skilled nursing care. Residents enjoy around-the-clock access to our caring, compassionate, state-certified staff. In addition, a licensed social worker will provide regular conferences to keep family members involved in their loved one’s care.
We provide memory care in a comfortable, homelike setting for residents living with all stages of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related memory loss.
Our Overland Park memory care community is constructed and staffed as a true household model. The household model (also known as a memory care neighborhood) is an industry best practice that applies a three-pronged approach to memory care.
• Homelike adaptations to the design of the physical environment
• A focus on the whole person that emphasizes cognitive, physical and emotional abilities that remain — not on the losses
• Decentralized self-led teams of staff who form deep relationships with the residents they serve
• Three freshly prepared meals a day
• Restaurant-style dining
• Weekly housekeeping and flat linen service
• Trash removal
• All basic utilities (except cable)
• Scheduled transportation
• Resident call system
• 24-hour oversight by certified nurse aids and licensed nursing professionals
• Laundry rooms on each floor
• Computer lounges
• Library (including large-print books)
• 24-hour security
• Access to high-quality rehabilitation services
• Lifetime membership to our on-campus wellness center
• Respite and hospice programs
• Medication management
• Transportation services
• Private suites
• Restaurant-style dining, with hand-held options to promote independence
• Three meals each day, along with snacks
• 40+ hours of dementia-based programming per week
• Specialized care plans tailored to individual needs
• 24-hour licensed nursing care
• Daily housekeeping and laundry service
• Access to beautifully appointed and secure outdoor courtyards
• Regular wellness checkups
• Access to Dakim Brain Fitness games
• In-house friends and family support group
• Community spaces
© 2020-23 My Living Choice | All Rights Reserved