11501 Hamilton Ave Cincinnati, Ohio, 45231
Specializing in short-term Rehab, nursing care, Alzheimer's Care, and Senior Living.
Our facilities strive to set the standard for incomparable care. We are able to combine therapies and treatments with excellent outcomes delivered by caring and compassionate healthcare professionals.
Our home-like settings advance our goal of providing residents with an enriching experience while improving health and promoting optimal healing. We are committed to community, integrity, and service. We strive to help people live active and healthy lifestyles.
Who We Are
As a leading provider of Post-Acute care we are focused on providing quality healthcare and enriching the lives of our patients and residents. As one of Southwest Ohio's leading senior health care providers, we feel that the work we do every day is a privilege. We help people become healthier, feel stronger and maintain their ability to enjoy their families, friends and favorite activities.
We provide the highest levels of transitional care, rehabilitation therapy, long-term nursing services, assisted and independent living in the Cincinnati/Dayton region. Whether you, or a loved one, are in need of short-term therapy, or longer range care for Alzheimer's or other complex medical conditions, our professional and caring staff is here to provide you with unparalleled clinical care and personalized service in a home-like setting.
We are conveniently located in Southwest, Central and Northeast Cincinnati, as well as South Dayton/Kettering. We are committed to caring for seniors in multiple care settings; and we promise to help you "Live an Active and Healthy Lifestyle."
Independence is the key to your lifestyle. You may choose to be as active or as private as you wish. At our Senior Living Communities you will find that you’re entering a community where you can meet new friends (and visit with old ones) while continuing to live an active and healthy lifestyle.
Services & Amenities Include
• Choose from a spacious studio, one-bedroom or two-bedroom apartments
• One, Two, or Three delicious meals a day in our elegantly appointed dining room
• Recreational and social activities
• Ala carte services (i.e. personal care services such as bathing, dressing, and grooming) available to keep people independent longer ask about Helping Hands
• Weekly laundry and housekeeping services
• Weekly shopping service
• Emergency call system
• On-site Nurse available 24 hours a day
• Physical, occupational, and speech and language therapy available
• Cable television
• Beauty and Barber shop
• Spacious lounges and recreation room (large screen TV, pool table, library)
• A full bath with safety bars
• Spacious closets
Independent Plus Program
For those who need a little more assistance but don't require 24 hour care, please see our Independent Plus Program (only available at Western Hills Retirement Village).
Seniors enjoying a fun class
Providing assisted living for the people who need more care is our specialty! Learn more about our assisted living programs below.
For our community members that need a little more assistance with every day functions, our assisted living programs are the very best in the area. Our assisted living programs offer a pleasant and comfortable alternative lifestyle for those who need assistance with the daily activities of life, yet do not require care 24-hours a day care. Our comfortable and spacious one bedroom and studio apartments are tailored for your needs. Each apartment is fully carpeted, with a full private bath, nurse call system, large closets, kitchen cabinets, complete with sink and refrigerator.
Some services and amenities you’ll receive in assisted living include: Personal Care Services (such as bathing, dressing and grooming), emergency call system, and three delicious meals a day in our dining room, medication monitoring and on-site nursing available 24 hours a day.
An interdisciplinary team of nurses, dietary technicians, social workers and therapists will access and put in place an individual management program for many chronic medical illnesses and conditions such as diabetes, heart failure, declines in mobility and COPD to help our long term residents and short term patients maintain the highest level of physical functioning. In collaboration with your physician, our Nurse Practitioner and our interdisciplinary team, we will do our best to provide care "in-place" to quickly resolve chronic conditions before they become acute, and result in an avoidable hospitalization.
We offer respite care as a part of our long-term care program. We can provide caregivers a temporary break from the rewarding, yet challenging task of caring for a loved one at home. Whether it is for a few days or a few weeks, our staff will provide the very best care during this time, allowing the caregiver a worry free retreat to rest and renew their own well-being.
From our nurses to our housekeepers and the dietary staff, we will strive to provide the same continuity and quality of care that your loved one receives at home. Contact our admissions director for more information and availability.
Sometimes residents of our facilities face terminal diagnoses, and one of the most important services our facilities provide is collaborating with a hospice provider to provide palliative care to those residents. While we always work well with outside hospice providers, we believe that our residents may benefit from the efficiencies and integration of care resulting from the common ownership of our facilities and Hospice of Southwest Ohio.
• Hospice is involved in pain management and end of life care
• When hospice is used, it helps provide consistent availability of palliative care expertise and support
• Our agreements represent a shared philosophy of care and open communication between hospice and our nursing staff
• Helpful with resident/family emotional issues
• Hospice staff attend the nursing home care plan meetings
Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
Our memory impaired area, known as Shelter Pointe Alzheimer's Center, is a self-contained unit that provides care and treatment for all stages of dementia, and Alzheimer's. Alzheimer's Care is available in both our Cincinnati, and Dayton facilities. During the first visit, you will appreciate how much care has been given to creating a warm, home-like setting for our residents. Their comfort and safety - as well as the peace of mind of their families - is our paramount concern at all times. Recognizing that the traditional nursing home setting is not normally well suited for the Alzheimer's resident, we have developed an area specifically designed for individuals affected by memory impairment.
• Higher ratio of staff to residents in this unit.
• Special training for our staff to provide better care and treatment for individuals with memory impairments.
• Allowing as much personal freedom as possible while keeping in mind the need for security and safety.
• Spacious private and semi-private accommodations where residents may feel welcome by bringing a few mementos from home.
• Attractively decorated lounge and dining areas provide a calm eating environment and a pleasant, home-like atmosphere.
• A variety of activities that are geared to the various cognitive levels. Providing a calm, structured environment is an integral part of the ongoing social programming for our residents with dementia or Alzheimer's.
© 2020-23 My Living Choice | All Rights Reserved