8075 Glencarin Blvd Fort Wayne, Indiana, 46804
Licensed Memory Care Assisted Living in Fort Wayne, IN
Located in Fort Wayne, Indiana, North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes offers award-winning Memory Care Assisted Living services to the people of Allen County through its signature "NEW DIRECTIONS"program.
It all starts with the resident's life story
Each relationship we have with a resident at North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes begins with his or her life story. Quite simply, we get to know our residents. We talk with families, ask questions and learn about each individual's life. Most importantly, we listen. We learn about the family, the resident's profession, passions, interests. What they loved to do, what inspired them, fulfilled them and made them happy. We carry that information in our heads and in our hearts, and that knowledge shapes everything we do for that resident.
Knowing such personal information, we are able to tailor our engaging programming to each person\'s individual tastes, interests and abilities. As a result, our residents now participate in favorite hobbies, pastimes and other pursuits that are not only pleasurable, but also provide them with fulfillment, self-confidence and pride.
As an example, if one of our residents loved to cook, we will develop and implement cooking activities. If another individual enjoyed bird watching, we will offer a bird watching activity. Again, these specialized programs will be designed to promote success, emphasizing each individual's strengths and abilities and fostering a sense of accomplishment.
"NEW DIRECTIONS" Offered Exclusively at North Woods Village
Offered exclusively at North Woods Village communities, "NEW DIRECTIONS" is our signature approach to memory care.
Offering the perfect blend of resident-centered care, the support and attention of a specially trained staff and the comfort and convenience of a physical environment designed with purpose, "NEW DIRECTIONS" will provide residents of North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes with the support they need and the independence they deserve.
At North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes, we understand and respect that each resident in our care is an individual; each person is at his or her own place on this journey and therefore, has unique needs.
"NEW DIRECTIONS" meets these needs, offering a personalized, resident-centered approach to care. A dynamic and fluid program, "NEW DIRECTIONS" is able to change as our resident's needs change. Each person receives the appropriate level of support he or she needs to live as independently as possible.
Experienced, Compassionate Staff Trained in Memory Support
We can have the most forward-thinking, progressive programs in the world, but unless we have the right people to implement those programs, they mean nothing. At North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes, we know that our staff is essential to delivering the care, the quality and the dignity our residents deserve. We have carefully selected only the most appropriate, qualified individuals to deliver that care.
Our team comprises nurses (featuring around-the-clock care with a nurse on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week), experienced, professional caregivers and support personnel who have all been trained in memory care.
A Community Designed with Purpose
North Woods Village at Inverness Lakes has been designed, built and decorated with the optimal blend of form and function. Yes, we offer our residents a warm, welcoming environment that feels like home. But more importantly, our surroundings incorporate meaningful design elements that promote our residents' highest levels of independence and safety. From simple and gentle visual cues such as different colors of paint on the walls to recognize areas, to more specific identifiers such as memory boxes filled with personal mementos outside each resident's private suite, our community is designed to help residents find their way independently and successfully.
Everything Your Loved One Needs Peace of Mind for You
Dignified support. An engaging, independent lifestyle. North Woods Village delivers all the care and support your loved one needs to embrace each new day with confidence, ensuring their happiness and your peace of mind.
• Comprehensive Services Designed to Meet Your Loved One's Needs.
• Senior Woman PaintingMonthly suite rental with utilities, including basic cable and individually controlled heating and air conditioning
• Resident-centered care based on each person’s life story
• Around-the-clock care with a nurse on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week
• Ongoing wellness monitoring and medication management
• Three delicious, well-balanced meals a day, individualized to resident needs
• Snacks and refreshments available anytime
• Assistance with activities of daily living, such as grooming, bathing, dressing, walking, and eating
• Scheduled housekeeping, personal laundry and linen service with additional services as needed
• Expertly trained, dedicated staff
• Resident-centered life enrichment programming and activities
• Emergency call systems in every suite
Designed for Living Fulfilled & Living Safely
North Woods Village offers residents the best of both worlds the safety and security they need and the fulfilling lifestyle they want and deserve.
Each community provides a variety of amenities and safety features so that our residents can enjoy a rewarding, worry-free and inspiring lifestyle.
Community Features and Amenities
• Three separate, secure neighborhoods, each featuring:
• Private Suites
• Country Kitchen
• Large living room
• Dining room
• Access to our fully enclosed courtyard
• Memory care courtyard with beautiful, safe landscaping, raised flower and vegetable gardens, gazebo, walking path, shaded seating areas and more
• Community room
• Family lounge and patio may be reserved for private parties and social gatherings
• Day spa
• Life stations so residents may relive treasured moments from the past
• Beauty salon/barber shop
• Video conferencing so families can visit virtually
• Safety Features
• Low lighting at all times in bathrooms
• Passive motion sensors to alert staff of resident activity available
• Ability to add additional monitoring equipment in each suite
• Emergency call system in each suite
• Secure, distinct neighborhoods
To help our residents feel comfortable moving around the community, each neighborhood features gentle reminders and visual cues to help them find their way and identify areas independently, including:
Special use of color on the walls
A memory box filled with personalized mementos, to identify each individual suite
Privacy and Support - The Best of Both Worlds
Residents of North Woods Village enjoy the best of both worlds the privacy of their own quiet suite with the security of 24-hour support. Nestled in the heart of a bustling neighborhood, the suites are specially designed to promote independence with several unique features that offer helpful prompts and cues. They also have safety features to keep staff connected, even when the residents are enjoying privacy.
Residents are welcome to bring:
A Place of Their Own
Residents are encouraged to decorate their suites with treasured items from home to create a familiar, welcoming and comforting place to call their own. By personalizing their new space with meaningful possessions, cherished photos and favorite furnishings, they have a sense of ownership and belonging while enhancing their senses of security and comfort.
• A favorite blanket and familiar bedding
• Family photos, especially those featuring parents, siblings, spouse, children and grandchildren
• Cherished furniture
• A CD player and music that evokes memories (better than watching TV!)
• Bath towels that are similar to the ones he or she had at home
• We invite families to fill the resident's suite with family photos, memory books and photo albums to help loved one reminisce. If you label the photos, the community staff and others can identify those in the photos and help your loved one remember and share those memories.
• Suite Amenities & Features
• Private bathroom with walk-in shower in line of sight of the living/bedroom area, supporting independence
• Wooded or courtyard views available
• Motion sensors are available to alert staff of resident activity
• Low lighting at all times in bathroom to enhance safety
• Heat lamps in bathroom (at select communities)
• Special use of color to help residents identify areas more independently
• Emergency call system
• Memory boxes to help identify individual suites
• Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
© 2020-23 My Living Choice | All Rights Reserved