169 E Livingston Ave Columbus, Ohio, 43215
We can help your senior loved one remain safe in their own home.
To you, it’s about protecting your loved one and keeping them safe at home. To us, it’s about providing the highest-quality compassionate in-home care.
Choosing Home Instead Columbus, OH
In-home care services can help people at any point within the aging process. But care needs rarely fit neatly into a pigeonhole. That's why we tailor our services to your unique situation -- and adjust as your needs evolve.
A home care arrangement will be tailored to fit both your family's lifestyle and budget. We offer both hourly and flat-rate services. Learn more about our home care rates & hours.
We provide dependable, compassionate care at all levels, including specialty care for those with Parkinson's disease, arthritis or those with Alzheimer's or other dementias. From brief check-in visits to round-the-clock care, we have you covered.
• What is Home Care
• Companionship Services
• Personal Care
• Meals and Nutrition
• Household Duties
• Respite Care
• Hospice Care Support Services
• 24 Hour and Live-In Care
• Alzheimer's & Other Dementias
• Arthritis, Diabetes and Other Conditions Care
Experienced Home Care
Our commitment to quality in-home care begins with the unique CAREGiverSM training program we utilize. This comprehensive educational experience equips our CAREGivers to provide ethical and kindhearted care to every person they touch.
Learn more about the experienced senior home care we deliver.
Preferred Alzheimer's and Dementia Care in Columbus
Laura Ingalls Wilder once said: "Home is the nicest word there is." This may be especially true for loved ones affected by Alzheimer's or another type of dementia. The warm, familiar surroundings of home can play an important role in managing cognitive diseases.
Home Instead Senior Care of Columbus, OH is here to provide compassionate, high-quality memory care right in your loved one's own home.
Alzheimer's Care at Home
All of our Alzheimer's and dementia CAREGivers take part in our unique and critically acclaimed training program called CARE: Changing Aging through Research and Education. As pioneers in this field, Home Instead Senior Care developed the highest quality dementia caregiver training program available. We have helped change the way people live with Alzheimer's and other dementias.
Alzheimer's Care Services
Alzheimer's disease doesn't only affect the family member with the condition. Alzheimer's impacts whole families. Coping with this progressive condition requires boundless quantities of patience, empathy and love. Professional caregiving provides individualized care for your loved one and gives you back some time to recharge. Our specially trained Alzheimer's CAREGivers offer an expanded array of services to your loved one:
• Encouragement to do as much as they can on their own
• Personal care assistance, such as toileting, bathing and grooming
• Maintain a routine to discourage agitation and outbursts
• Mental stimulation through conversation and other activities
• Maintaining a safe environment
• Manage changing behaviors
• Adapting the level of care as the disease progresses
• Honor who the senior was earlier in life
• Provide nutritious meals
• Assist with ambulation and socialization
• Transport to medical appointments and other events
• Support the family
• Light housework and other household tasks
• Pet care
Call us at (614) 964-5541 to learn more about the ways our specialized Alzheimer's caregiving can help your family member continue to enjoy life in their familiar home environment.
Dementia Care Services
Alzheimer's disease is a type of dementia, but not all dementias are Alzheimer's disease. If your loved one has been diagnosed with dementia, vascular dementia, sudden-onset dementia, Lewy Body Disease (dementia with Lewy bodies) or any other type of cognitive impairment, we can help. A professional CAREGiver from Home Instead Senior Care of Columbus, OH can help your loved one with dementia stay safe and happy at home.
A few of the benefits of professional dementia care:
• Caregiving just when you need it. In the early stages of dementia, people may only need wake-up or tuck-in services. As the disease progresses, we will work with you to expand care to meet your loved one's need and budget.
• Respite. Dementia can take a toll on family caregivers. Our professional CAREGivers will provide compassionate care to your loved one while you take some much-needed time for yourself. Schedule one day a week "off" for yourself, or take a weekend getaway to refresh and recharge your energy. Meanwhile, you can be assured your loved one is secure and well cared-for at home.
• An expert knowledge base at your disposal. As your family member's dementia progresses, you may have a lot of questions about what is 'normal' behavior. Our CAREGivers can share their wealth of knowledge and experience with you to ease your mind.
Parkinson's Care Services
After Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease is the most common neurodegenerative disorder in America. Home Instead Senior Care of Columbus, OH offers specialized caregiving services to families affected by Parkinson's.
Parkinson's disease produces physical symptoms like tremors that get worse over time. Professional in-home caregiving can improve the quality of life for people with Parkinson's. We can help with:
• Independent living. Our in-home assistance keeps your loved one at home. Our specially trained CAREGivers can help meet the unique needs of people with Parkinson's.
• Adjustment support. As the disease progresses, your loved one may struggle to adapt to a loss of physical function. Our CAREGivers provide compassionate support in helping your family member adapt physically and emotionally to these changes.
• Personal care. We will provide personal care, such as toileting and bathing, with dignity and respect.
Trained Alzheimer's CAREGivers in Columbus, OH
We would be honored to serve your family. Call us today to learn more about caregiving for your loved one with Alzheimer's, dementia, Parkinson's or another chronic disease: (614) 964-5541
© 2020-23 My Living Choice | All Rights Reserved