9210 Maysville Rd Fort Wayne, Indiana, 46815
We started Cedarhurst of Fort Wayne to provide truly person-directed care, taking the time to know and work with each resident as an individual and providing them with care that's as unique as they are. Whether in Assisted Living or Memory Care, our caring, compassionate staff, first-rate amenities, new community and welcoming, supportive environment make Cedarhurst a secure, enriching place to live.
Here, individual attention informs almost everything we do. You can see it in the wide array of tailored activities and programs, designed to engage and delight. Hear it in the warm interactions between our compassionate staff and our residents. Taste it in a special dish prepared by our chef from a resident's favorite recipe. And feel it in every apartment, every homey living room, and every lively gathering space.
Lifestyle Options Available
One of the central ideas behind the senior living experience at Cedarhurst is achieving the optimal balance of independence and support for residents. Our lifestyle options are designed to provide you with the level of assistance you want and need to continue happily living your life.
The first step is determining which lifestyle option is the best fit for you, and we’re here to help with that decision.
With age, some daily living tasks become more challenging. With Assisted Living, our expert caregivers are present 24/7 to lend aid as needed, ranging from simple verbal reminders all the way to hands-on help with dressing, bathing and other essential activities.
As you or a loved one ages, there are certain daily tasks that may become more challenging. We believe there is a balance to be achieved between a need for support and a desire for independence. This is where an Assisted Living option at Cedarhurst can help.
At Cedarhurst, our goal is to surround our residents with expert support, especially around those aspects of daily life that have become more difficult. With exceptional care and assistance from our talented and caring staff, activities such as social outings, wellness programs, and visits from family can become all the more enjoyable.
Our approach to Assisted Living is shaped by respect and understanding of the unique lives of our residents. Together, we work with you, your family, and your physicians to determine what aspects of your life you want or need additional assistance with. Our trained healthcare professionals use their expertise and genuine respect for our residents to serve you in ways that encourage independence, dignity, and individuality. We want nothing more than to foster your sense of happiness and protect your health and safety while doing so.
Our goal is to always help provide the freedom to live your life, your way. Relaxing by reading the paper on the porch. Attending a local ballgame or cultural event. Participating in life-enriching activities. Taking advantage of our wellness programs. Or simply enjoying warm friendships with caregivers, staff and fellow residents.
We also understand that the assurance of safety is another primary concern. Expertly trained and certified caregivers are always present and backed by extensive safety features, including 24/7 emergency call system, handrails, grab bars, proper lighting and flooring, fall prevention and much more.
With Assisted Living at Cedarhurst, you can rest assured you’ll always be treated with dignity and respect, surrounded by the expert care and assistance tailored to your individual needs.
Levels of Care
It’s important that together we find the appropriate level of care to best fit your daily life. That fit begins with conducting a series of assessments to ensure you receive the precise level of care you need.
With supportive care, our staff focuses on delivering in-person reminders to complete daily tasks, such as brushing teeth. These brief, friendly interactions don't include supervision or hands-on assistance. This minimal level of care is designed to ensure regular, healthy habits are maintained, not overlooked.
This moderate level of care is more attentive and supervisory. It includes in-person reminders such as those included in our supportive care, plus observation from a staff member to ensure daily tasks are completed. Some respectful, one-on-one assistance is also offered when requested or when an activity is seen to be challenging.
This maximum level of care puts the responsibility of daily tasks in the hands of a trained, encouraging staff member. They will offer any help that is needed to maintain healthy habits from head to toe. Delivery of this care is highly responsive and sensitive to the importance of independence, with support when a resident has the desire to perform tasks on their own.
When you live at Cedarhurst, we’ll make a medication management recommendation as part of your levels of care assessment.
Adult day and respite care are also available.
All decisions regarding care are made through a partnership between the resident, family, physician, and Cedarhurst caregivers and staff. Rest assured that we’re here to help you through the entire process.
Whether Assisted Living or Memory Care, your experience will always include exceptional meals, life-enriching activities and maintenance-free living. And most important, the peace of mind that comes from knowing you’re at home, with friends, in a warm and inviting community.
Features of Cedarhurst of Fort Wayne
Let Cedarhurst of Fort Wayne take care of all the necessities of daily life. From full-service dining to utilities and safety features, your day-to-day needs are always met. Life Enrichment staff, full-time chefs and 24-hour professional caregivers surround residents with constant support and care.
• On-site physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy (EmpowerMe Wellness)
• A variety of floor plan options
• All floor plans include: handicapped accessible apartments, suites and bathrooms, 24-hour emergency call system, individual climate controls, expanded cable TV, and available Wi-Fi and telephone hook-ups
• All utilities included except personal telephone
• Balconies and patios available on select apartments
• Memory Care neighborhoods offer peace of mind through a safe and secure setting
• Personal mailboxes for Assisted Living residents
• Large dining room with available private dining space for special events with friends and family
• Large recreation area with nostalgic games
• Charming living room and sitting areas to enjoy a book, or a game with friends
• Private movie theater
• Full-service beauty shop and barber shop
• Private spa with whirlpool bath
• Beautiful outdoor spaces
• Pets welcome
• 24-hour professional caregiving staff
• Ongoing assessments and health monitoring by licensed nurses
• An electronic health records platform to keep you connected to your loved one’s care and wellness
• Emergency pendant program
Full-service, restaurant-style dining provides three healthy, seasonal and fresh home-cooked meals prepared by chefs each day
• Flexible dining hours and menus
• Satisfying and nutritionally-balanced meals
• Sweet and savory desserts
• Assortment of delicious snacks
• Special diet options available
• Family recipes welcome
Resident-Centered Life Enrichment Programs:
• Intergenerational programs
• Activity programs
• Creation of personalized memory boxes for each resident
• Music therapy and pet therapy
• Exercise and fitness sessions
• Social functions and parties
• Weekly religious services
• Shopping and errand services
• Community event participation
• Bus shuttle for events and activities
Housekeeping and maintenance
• Trash removal service
• Weekly apartment cleaning with bed linen and towel service
• Personal laundry service available
• Suite repairs
© 2020-23 My Living Choice | All Rights Reserved