You’ll feel the energy every day.
As part of the Life Care Services® family of Life Plan Communities — the nation’s leading developer and manager of senior living communities — Westminster has the resources and visionary leadership to help enhance the lives and lifestyles of older adults in Austin. We listen and learn from those we serve. This culture is your window into a future filled with possibility and fulfillment. Where does small-town charm meet metro-cosmopolitan? Where do excellence, tradition and innovation intersect? Where can you have more fun in retirement than just about anywhere? Right here — in one of the original Great American neighborhoods.
Founded by a small Austin church with a century-old history of leadership in social services, the rich legacy that defines Westminster began in 1967. Our retirement community was the first of its kind in Texas to combine the privacy of apartment homes with the services of a 24/7, on-site health center, and the first to offer the Life Care option to receive and pay for care services.
Today, we are Austin’s premier Life Plan community, a not-for-profit corporation governed by the leadership of a local board of directors and managed by Life Care Services, LLC, the nation’s leading developer and manager of senior living communities.
Creating Extraordinary Impressions.
Today, the word hospitality is overused. In some cases, it has lost its meaning. Here at Westminster, hospitality defines who we are and what we believe. It means meeting everyone with a warm greeting by name, delivered with a smile. Demonstrating genuine respect, anticipating needs and behaving accordingly. It means listening and responding with enthusiasm. Being accountable. Valuing individual differences. Westminster hospitality means moving beyond customer service to a community-wide code of respect that wraps emotion, care, love and compassion into one experience that delivers the ultimate level of service.
A Life Plan Community in Austin, TX
Life Care. Life changing.
You expect the very best in retirement, and Westminster delivers it. With Life Care at Westminster, you’re assured of the smartest, most efficient way to secure your future against the rising costs of long-term care and lead a more carefree, fully engaged lifestyle today.
Why choose a Life Plan Community?
Westminster is a Life Plan Community, also called a CCRC or continuing care retirement community. In our Life Plan Community, you’ll enjoy an expansive residential lifestyle with an array of activities, amenities and social opportunities among active neighbors who share your interests. You’re assured of unlimited access to a full continuum of care on campus if you ever need it, so there’s no need for a major move to a different location. And in the event your spouse or partner needs care, you’ll stay close.
What is Life Care?
At some Life Plan Communities, there’s a predetermined discount for care compared to the open market, and a prescribed number of days that a Resident can take advantage of this discount. At Westminster, we take a top-of-the-line approach. We offer the gold-standard option called Life Care. It’s a comprehensive financial retirement plan with tremendous value and extensive benefits for Residents of our community.
Explore the benefits of Life Care
With Life Care at Westminster, you’ll have peace of mind knowing you have a place to live for the rest of your life with senior care when you need it. You’ll be confident of current costs and future assets. Enjoy the assurance of Life Care:
• A one-time entrance fee and a predictable monthly service fee
• A residence for life, even if you outlive your financial resources through no fault of your own
• 24/7 priority access to our on-site continuum of care, including assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation care
• Health care at stable, predictable rates that protect you from the market’s ever-rising costs of long-term care
• Estate planning options with 90% refundability to you or your estate
• Potential tax deductions on prepaid senior health care costs such as your entrance fee (consult your financial adviser)
No risk. No obligation.
Westminster’s 100% satisfaction guarantee offers you another key financial advantage. Over the course of the first 12 months of residency at Westminster, if you are not completely satisfied, you will have 100% of your entrance fee returned to you.
Stay in control of your retirement in our Life Plan Community. Learn if you qualify for Life Care, and secure your future right now. Contact us using the form below, or call us at 512-298-5177.
You set the agenda.
What is the right approach to retirement living?
The one that reflects the real you. The independent lifestyle at Westminster is driven by your personal expression. It is built around freedom and an overwhelming commitment to service. Your continued independence is of paramount importance to us, and everything we do is pointed toward supporting it.
The comforts of home.
None of the work.
The personal mission of everyone on the Westminster team is to help make your experience here something special. This is more than a job to us, it’s what we want to be doing. We have our own philosophy of hospitality — Extraordinary Impressions™ — that anticipates your needs, caters to your preferences and frees you completely from everyday chores.
• Studio, one-, two- and three-bedroom floor plans
• Balconies and patios in select floor plans
• Fully equipped kitchens
• Contemporary finishes
• Window treatments
• Walk-in closets and additional storage
• Individually controlled heating and AC
• Westminster’s Life Care health services package
• Lifetime interior and exterior maintenance
• Regularly scheduled group transportation
• Weekly housekeeping
• Concierge services
• Wellness programming
• All utilities, except telephone
• On-site banking and postal services
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
• Resident-only Internet portal for:
• Special notifications
• Dining menus
• Monthly newsletters
• Weekly activity calendars
• Resident phone directories
• Residents’ handbook
• Important memos and documents
• Restaurant-style dining in The Laurel, featuring fine, chef-prepared cuisine using fresh ingredients
• The Dogwood Café offering healthy selections (including gluten-free) for casual dining
• Private dining to entertain friends or family
• Guest sleeping accommodations
• Beauty salon and barbershop
• Fully equipped fitness center with personal trainer
• Heated indoor swimming pool and spa
• Studios for Tai Chi and yoga
• Walking trails and putting green
• The Harris Bell Hall with dance floor
• General store
• Business services with copier and complimentary fax
• Club rooms for cards and games
• Multi-denominational chapel
• Library stocked with books and periodicals