- On-Site Medical Staff
- Chef Prepared Meals
- Dietary Accommodations
- Transportation Services
- Laundry Service
- 24-Hour Staff
- Medication Management
- Planned Activities
- Pet Friendly
- Multiple Floor Plans
- Private Rooms
- Fitness Center
- Activity Space
- Theater Room
- Beauty Salon
- Outdoor Patio
- Walking Paths
- Free Wi-Fi
- Senior Living
- Assisted Living
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
- Nursing Home
- At-Home Care
- Respite Care
Shalom Garden Inc. facilities are licensed by the California Department of Social Services. We accommodate persons over the age of 60 who require assistance with activities of daily living in a luxurious, safe, and home-like setting. We offer a multitude of unique services and amenities, as well as personalized services that vary depending on the resident. Through careful assessment and planning, our residents receive excellent care specifically designed to meet their needs.
Our facilities can accommodate persons with the following needs:
* Persons who need assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, meals, medications, incontinence care and escort around the facility.
* Lonely and frail individuals who require assistance and will benefit from interactions with other residents and participation in activities.
* Individuals who suffer from Parkinson disease and related disorders.
* Wheelchair-bound individuals who require help moving around the facilities.
* Individuals with memory impairment and related diseases.
At Shalom Garden, we care about our environment and living green. Our facilities are the coolest houses on the block. From top to bottom, inside and out our living green approach cuts natural resources use and decreases CO2. We use biodegradable soaps, shampoos and cleaning solutions that drain harmlessly without adding chemicals to streams, rivers, and oceans. Our strategically placed trees provide indoor climate control by shading out summer heat. Large windows with shades let us enjoy the sun’s warmth when it’s cold outside and shade our house in the summer. We use biodegradable toilet paper made from recycled paper. Recycling bins make it easy for us to sort glass, plastic, aluminum, and paper products. We have dual-flush toilets allowing us to reduce the amount of water used for flushing. All appliances are certified as energy-saving models. Our houses have multiple skylights to save electricity, long life energy efficient light bulbs, tank-less water heater. Please join us in our effort to keep our planet green.
* Attractively designed common areas including living rooms, dining rooms, “The Bistro” for private dining with kitchenette.
* Tastefully furnished large bedrooms with in-suite bathrooms equipped with holding bars, step-in shower and raised toilet seat.
* Central air and heat.
* Restful, tropical patio.
* Spacious and cheerful porch.
* Facilities are fully secured with fences and alarmed gates as well as alarmed exterior doors.
* Wide doorways, hallways, and handicap ramps accessible for a wheelchair.
* Smoke detectors, indoor and outdoor emergency lights, and a fire sprinkler system.
* Large plasma TV in common area.
* High-speed wireless Internet.
* TV cable and telephone jack in every room.
* Customized Levels of Care.
* Memory Care Program.
* Assistance with personal care, including bathing, dressing, grooming, and incontinence care.
* Escort service to meals and activities.
* Frequent wellness checks. Continuous observation for changes in residents’ physical, mental, and emotional well-being and reporting to medical professionals and responsible parties.
* Assistance with self-administered medications.
* Daily housekeeping and laundry.
* Transportation services to medical and dental appointments in a special handicap accessible van with
* “Turning Automotive Seating” (allowing easy transfer from the wheelchair to a van).
* Daily newspaper.
* Optional visiting massage therapist, hairdresser, and manicurist.
* Arts and Crafts to master fine motor skills
* Group and individual reading.
* Current events to keep up with the world news.
* Live music and karaoke sing-along
* Reminiscence – personal storytelling with discussions.
* Movies (from extensive DVD collection).
* Physical exercises such as stretching, walking with caregiver, etc.
* Cultural activities.
* Sensory activities such as aromatherapy.
* Pet therapy.
* Games such as bingo and board games.
* Birthdays and holidays celebrations.
* Patio picnics and afternoon tea with a variety of pastry and cookies.
* Beauty days (optional massage therapy, optional hairdresser services).
* Optional field trips to shopping and movies.
All meals are health-consciously prepared to order. The menu is available upon request by our residents. Personal preferences and modified diets are accommodated.