- On-Site Medical Staff
- Chef Prepared Meals
- Dietary Accommodations
- Transportation Services
- Laundry Service
- 24-Hour Staff
- Medication Management
- Planned Activities
- Pet Friendly
- Multiple Floor Plans
- Private Rooms
- Fitness Center
- Activity Space
- Theater Room
- Beauty Salon
- Outdoor Patio
- Walking Paths
- Free Wi-Fi
- Senior Living
- Assisted Living
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
- Nursing Home
- At-Home Care
- Respite Care
Our purpose is to do whatever it takes to make our residents happy.
Understanding your core needs allows us to know the pathway we must take to make you happy. We have identified three specific Core Needs that must be met to enrich happiness — Basic Needs, Care Needs & Unrecognized Needs.
The seed was planted in November 1992 the Bickford Family Tree sprang forth with the opening of one of the first assisted living residences in Kansas.Bickford currently operates 65 Branches in 11 states with additional Branches in development. Our approximately 2,500 Bickford Family Members (our employees are family to us) love and care for nearly 3000 residents.
While seemingly impressive, growth and size has never been our goal. At the end of day, all that matters to us is the happiness of the sweet little lady in apartment 406, because nearly 30 years ago that “someone” was our Mary Bickford.
At the core of her being Mary Bickford had happiness coursing through her. She gave beauty and strength to everyone around her. She enriched their lives in every possible way. And the Bickford Family Tree that sprang from the seed of her life continues on with the self-same purpose, the core running throughout every aspect of what we do, enriching happiness in the lives that become intertwined with ours.
* Bread Basket- Meal
We prepare home-style food because we want the dining experience to feel as though our residents are eating at home. We buy the best ingredients on the market and prepare food to order so that we can maximize the quality of that product.
It may be Bickford Senior Living but it is our residents’ dining room – we are cooking in their home. It’s all about them wanting to come down to the dining room and enjoy a great meal. If they consume the food and enjoy the food, then I think we’ve created happiness.
* Daily Activities
A variety of activities conducted each day tailored to a range of interests: Creative, Intellectual, Spiritual, Life Skills, Physical, Social.
Community trips to local restaurants, shops, parks, etc.
* Community Involvement
We partner with individuals and organizations to share their interests and love with our residents (i.e. performers, pet therapy, student visits)
* Theme Days
Fun-filled days where activities are coordinated with meals, costumes and decorations (i.e. Western Day, Winter Wonderland)
* Family Gatherings
Events geared toward family involvement (i.e. Thanksgiving, Grandparents Day, Easter Egg Hunts).
* Secure Building
* Request assistance from caregivers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through strategically located pull cords in apartments.
* Request assistance from caregivers with a push of a button, allowing residents to maintain an active, mobile lifestyle
* Real-time location information provides the opportunity to address potential safety risks before they happen
* Bickford can coordinate transportation for any need (i.e. handicapped accessible, non-emergency medical, taxi)
* Personalized transportation to and from scheduled appointments accompanied by a Bickford Family Member (employee)
* Outings Community trips to local restaurants, shops, museums, concerts, plays, etc.
* Regular church services, music, Bible studies and small group meetings
* Specific denominational services/support upon request
* Routine visits conducted in order to build individual relationships
* Spiritual support in response to a need at a hospital, skilled care or funeral home
* Bickford partners with MarketPlace Chaplains to provide spiritual care
* More than just friends, our pets are family – we welcome all shapes and sizes!
* Assistance with all pet needs including feeding, litter box and outdoor time
* We love pets so much many times we have our own house pet(s)
* Knowing that pets can reduce loneliness, anxiety and stress, we partner with various organizations to have traditional and non-traditional pets visit