- On-Site Medical Staff
- Chef Prepared Meals
- Dietary Accommodations
- Transportation Services
- Laundry Service
- 24-Hour Staff
- Medication Management
- Planned Activities
- Pet Friendly
- Multiple Floor Plans
- Private Rooms
- Fitness Center
- Activity Space
- Theater Room
- Beauty Salon
- Outdoor Patio
- Walking Paths
- Free Wi-Fi
- Senior Living
- Assisted Living
- Independent Living
- Memory Care
- Nursing Home
- At-Home Care
- Respite Care
Avalon Villa Care Center specializes in short-term rehabilitation and long-term care including skilled nursing, offering 131 Medicare-certified beds for your loved ones. Our commitment is to provide our residents with care, compassion, and loyalty in a courteous environment. Our interdisciplinary team approach allows us to individualize resident care and promote open communication between residents and their care providers. We accept admissions 24 hours a day and accept most insurance and HMOs.
As a premier skilled nursing facility in Los Angeles, CA, Avalon Villa Health Care provides compassionate and personal skilled care 24 hours a day. We specialize in providing rehabilitation services onsite to help our residents regain their independence and return to their homes.
Avalon Villa Health Care sits in an ideal location. We are just blocks away from Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital making patient transitions to our facility a smooth one.
At Avalon Villa Health Care, caring is our main concern. Our organization is built on the premise that the most effective way to provide compassionate care is to:
* Maintain high medical integrity
* Foster a team spirit among staff
* Create friendly, beautiful surroundings for our residents and their visitors
* Avalon Villa Health Care strives to make each residents’ stay enjoyable. We offer spacious patio areas, personalized laundry services, beauty and barber services as well as wander guard protection for those loved ones who are at risk for wandering.
Our team of qualified professionals helps residents recover from surgery, injury or serious illness. They understand the importance of creating a comfortable and nurturing atmosphere, whether residents stay for short-term treatment or long-term care.
Visitors are welcome every day of the week. Come see our residents and friendly staff in action. Feel free to contact us to learn more about the unique, sophisticated healthcare environment at Avalon Villa Health Care.
* All beds are Medicare and Medicaid certified.
* All rooms have electric high/low beds and cable TV with access to phones
* The full in-house rehab unit provides PT, OT, ST.
* Admissions can be processed 24/7.
* RNs are on duty and onsite 24 hours/day.
Our center provides a high level of medical and skilled nursing care in an atmosphere that is appreciated by both residents and their families. Our physicians and highly-skilled staff monitor each patient. We also provide assistance with activities of daily living such as: assistance with getting in and out of bed, feeding, bathing, and dressing.
The following skilled nursing services are available at Avalon Villa Health Care:
* Resident tailored programs
* 24 Hour licensed skilled nursing care
* Short term rehabilitation and long term care
* Intravenous (IV) therapy
* Enteral therapy
* Specialized wound care
* Tube feeding
* Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
* Diabetic care
* Nutritional consultation with a registered dietitian
* Pre and Post-Dialysis Care
* Contracture / Splinting
* Pain management
* Medication management
* Wound care management (wound vac treatments)
* Restorative nursing assistance program
* Hospice care
* Respite care
* Laboratory and radiology testing
* Post-acute care following complex surgical procedures
Avalon Villa Health Care seeks to maximize the quality of life for our long-term care residents by providing specialized restorative programs. The therapy team and nursing staff develop individualized treatment plans for resident care in the areas of:
Restorative Nursing Assistance Program.
* Range of motion
* Activities of daily living
* Positioning and alignment
* Skin integrity and wound management
* Contracture management
* Bowel and bladder training
* Rehabilitative and social dining
* Strengthening and Training for Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Skills
* Weekly and monthly height and weight monitoring
Our experienced nurses provide help with aspects of managing diabetes including:
* Blood glucose monitoring
* Insulin administration and tracking
* Exercise planning
* Menu planning, education and more.
* Meals to meet specific dietary and therapeutic needs, according to physician orders
* Oral supplemental diets, as necessary
* Regular nutritional assessments from our registered dietitian
Our experienced rehabilitation team is committed to providing outstanding results and excellent quality of care. Residents are empowered through individualized programs to reach goals of increased independence and ability. Resident families are also encouraged to participate in therapy sessions, caregiver education, and training.
We provide the following therapies 7 days a week:
* Physical Therapy
* Occupational Therapy
* Speech and Swallowing Therapy
A positive and uplifting atmosphere can set the tone for a resident’s stay. Avalon Villa Health Care employs outgoing and friendly professional staff to create social programs and activities. We often specialize in activities to match the capabilities and needs of each resident. This also has a powerful impact on the healing process.
Each resident is given a calendar to keep them informed of upcoming events such as birthday parties, movies, musical programs, outings, and other special events. Friends and family are always welcome to visit and attend our special events.
Specific activities include:
* Active resident and family councils and volunteer programs
* Musical performances
* Current events update
* Reading the newspaper
* Singing exercises
* Fitness activities
* Stretching exercises
* Religious meetings
* Field trips/outings
* Volunteer involvement